This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Origen Financial Services collects personal information.
On completion of the Get In Touch and Media Library page, the information provided is received in email format by Origen.
We don’t sell personal information or use your personal data for any purposes other than those outlined, unless you authorise it. Protecting Your Personal Information leaflet will give you more detail.
We have policies in place, which mean that we hold all personal data securely and limit access to those who need to see it.
We’re legally obliged to make information available to regulatory bodies or authorities such as the Financial Conduct Authority or HM Revenue & Customs.
We may also have to disclose information to comply with money laundering laws and for other purposes, for example, detecting crime.
We’ll also share permitted relevant information with anyone acting on your behalf (for example a provider) so they can fully carry out their role.
We may also disclose your information to third party organisations who process data on our behalf. This could include processing information outside the European Economic Area (EEA). However, where such processing takes place, appropriate controls are in place to ensure the protection of your information.
We fully support and follow the principles of Data Protection, as set out in the Data Protection Act (‘the Act’). We make sure that our staff – and those acting on our behalf – obtain, use and disclose personal data lawfully and correctly.
By using appropriate and consistent management and controls, we’ll:
- meet our legal obligations to specify what we’re using the personal information for, which you can find on the Information Commissioner’s website at http://www.ico.gov.uk
- only collect and process information to the extent that we need it to operate or to comply with a legal requirement
- make sure the information is accurate and of high quality
- apply checks to determine how long the information is held for
- make sure that the people we hold information on can fully exercise their rights under the Act
- safeguard personal information by taking appropriate technical and organisational security measures
- make sure that personal data isn’t transferred outside the EEA without suitable safeguards or agreement from the individual
You have rights under the Data Protection Act, including the right to get copies of all the personal data that we hold on you, with only a few exceptions.
If you would like a copy of your personal data, please write to Compliance Department, Origen, Infor House, 1 Lakeside Road, Farnborough, Hampshire GU14 6XP enclosing your details, a description of the information you want and a cheque for £10, made payable to Origen Financial Services Limited.
We’re committed to ensuring your information is protected and held securely. However, the internet is not a secure medium and we can’t accept responsibility for the security of an email during transmission or for non-delivery of that email.
We’ve put security policies, rules and technical measures in place to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- unauthorised access
- improper use or disclosure
- unauthorised modification
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss
All our employees and data processors who have access to, and are associated with, handling our visitors’ personal data are obliged to respect its confidentiality.
This website may contain links to other websites. If you use the links to leave this website and visit a website operated by a third party, we then have no control over that website. We cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such websites.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 12 October 2016.
CA9607 Exp 10/2017